OLYMPIC BOYS & GIRLS NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES (NPL) TEAMS 2017
WHAT IS THE NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES (NPL)?
Olympic FC participates in the national PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues Competition, established by Football Federation Australia (FFA) in 2013 as the elite player pathway for footballers in Australia. The NPL is a direct outcome of the National Competition Review (NCR) announced in May 2012 which aims to:
- Create greater consistency across the Member Federation top leagues across Australia
- Recognise the role that State League clubs are playing to develop players, and showcase local talent
- Raise overall standards in club management
The NPL represents an important step in the realisation of FFA’s strategic vision to make Australia a world class football nation and to better connect elite player development and the wider football community.
Those wishing to participate in the NPL must attend selection trials which are held at the end of every NPL season. Successful applicants will then be trained according to the FFA curriculum and play in the NPL for a given year. The National Football Curriculum delivers an Australian playing and coaching philosophy based on analysis of top football and scientific research, taking the specific circumstances and characteristics of Australian football into consideration. It is aimed at a fundamental transformation of the way football is played and coached in Australia, especially at youth level, in order to develop future generations of players and teams that will enable Australia to maintain a leading position in world football, particularly within the Asian Football Confederation. The National Football Curriculum aims to create a better understanding of what high quality youth coaching is about and therefore help to dramatically raise the standard of our game at grassroots level.
NPL players are chosen by a rigorous selection process. Player’s trial in October and successful players are notified in early November. NPL Teams will train 3 nights per week and follow the FFA Curriculum designed by Olympics’ Technical Director, Terry Kirkham. Teams will be coached by highly qualified coaches who will improve and develop each player’s abilities. Players will play in the NPL competition against other selected NPL teams in SE Queensland.
IN WHAT NPL COMPETITIONS DOES OLYMPIC FC PARTICIPATE?
Olympic FC participates in both the MALE and FEMALE NPL competition. One of TWO clubs to do so in Brisbane. The senior NPL competitions operate as a semi-professional national second tier competition underpinning the Hyundai A-League. In addition to the senior competition, Olympic FC also participates in the Boys and Girls NPL competition in 2017 and will field teams in every age group of the competition;
|Under 12 NPL||Under 13 NPL|
|Under 13 NPL||Under 15 NPL|
|Under 14 NPL||Under 17 NPL|
|Under 15 NPL||Senior Women’s NPL|
|Under 16 NPL|
|Under 18 NPL|
|Under 20 NPL|
|Senior Men’s NPL|
WHAT DOES IT COST TO PLAY NPL FOR OLYMPIC FC IN 2017?
Successful players selected to play NPL for Olympic FC in 2017 pay $2495 (Male) and $1599 (Female).
All fees are inclusive of;
- Club Membership
- Football Federation Australia, Football Queensland Affiliation and Registration Fees
- 6 week training cycles following the FFA Curriculum specifically designed by our Technical Director
- 3 nights per week training
- An accredited coaching staff with a minimum AFC C Licence (U12/13/14), AFC B Licence (U15/16/18) and AFC A Licence (U20/Senior Men’s) appointed by Olympic
- 22 game NPL season
- Sports and Conditioning Training
- Physiotherapist to attend Triage + assist and prepare the U20 Men’s Team, and the Senior Men’s and Women’s Team
- Triage once per week to examine injuries and complete player assessments
- 3 coach/player/parent interviews throughout the season
- Training equipment
- End of season Trophy
- Football coach and manager Registration Fees
- All match day fees
- Sports trainers at every home game to assist injuries and prepare players for games.
- Ground maintenance fees
- Utilities Levy – electricity and water
- Administration Levy – Technical Director, Football Operations Organiser, Olympic Administrator, Academy Director
- Use of Olympic FC jerseys – for home and away matches
- Sports and Nutritionist education seminars
WHEN DO NPL TEAMS TRAIN?
NPL teams will train on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. Depending on age groups – some will start training at 5.30pm and conclude at 7pm and some will begin training at 7pm and conclude at 8.30pm. Please see the training schedule on our website or call the office on 3844 4994. All trainings will occur at Goodwin Park, Cansdale Street, Yeronga.
Training will commence on MONDAY 9th JANUARY 2017 for the following NPL teams – Senior NPL Men’s and Women’s, NPL U20’s, NPL U18’s and NPL U16’s Boys, whilst Junior NPL Boys U12-U15 and Girls U13-U17 will begin training on MONDAY 16th January 2017. Check the training schedule on the website for times and field numbers.
WHEN DOES THE NPL SEASON BEGIN AND END?
The Female NPL season will begin on the weekend beginning Friday 17th March 2017 and conclude on the weekend beginning the 10th September 2017.
The Male NPL Season will begin on the weekend beginning Friday 3rd FEBRUARY 2017 and conclude on the weekend beginning the 10th September 2017.
Semi Finals of the Senior Men’s competition will be held the weekend beginning Saturday 26th August 2017
WHEN DOES THE END OF SEASON TROPHY PRESENTATION DINNER OCCUR?
Junior NPL Teams celebrate the end of their season with an end of season Trophy Presentation Formal Dinner. It is a formal dinner presentation. This event is an additional cost of $35 per player. Parents are encouraged to attend.
Trophy Presentation Dinner for the U12 Boys NPL + U13 Boys and Girls NPL is WEDNESDAY 13 SEPTEMBER 2017 – start at 6.30pm
Trophy Presentation Dinner for the U14 Boys NPL + U15 Boys and Girls NPL + U16 Boys NPL + U17 Girls NPL is THURSDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2017 – start at 6.30pm
The Senior Presentation Dinner will be held on Friday 6th OCTOBER 2017. The cost per ticket is $50 per person. The Senior Trophy Presentation Dinner is for the Senior Men’s and Women’s NPL + U20 Boys NPL + U18 Boys NPL. Parents are encouraged to attend. The event will start at 7pm.
HAVE ANY OLYMPIC FC NPL PLAYERS MADE REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS SINCE THE NPL STARTED IN 2013?
Olympic FC is proud to share the achievements of the following players, who have graduated from our PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland teams and appeared at high levels both domestically and internationally:
- Kieran Coates: Stoke City Academy U12
- Duro Dragicevic: Australia U17 National Team
- Ross Archibald: Melbourne Heart (Hyundai A-League)
- Jai Ingham: Brisbane Roar (Hyundai A-League) and current Melbourne Victory (Hyundai A-League)
- Costa Psaros: Brisbane Roar (Foxtel National Youth League)
- Dylan Wenzel-Halls: Australian Schoolboys + Brisbane Roar Youth League
- Jacob Minnett: Australian Schoolboys
- Callum Harris: Brisbane Roar U18s
- Dane Ingham: Brisbane Roar U18s
- Liam O’Bryan: Brisbane Roar U18s
- Alex Parsons: Brisbane Roar U18s
- Danny Driver: Queensland Academy of Sport
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE NPL IN 2017?
- There will be NO DESIGNATED SIGN ON DAY in 2017. Instead all players are asked to register themselves electronically via the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, myfootballclub.com.au using their FFA number. Follow the prompts given. The registration process will be easier if you have your FFA Number and Password. If you’re a new player and you don’t have an FFA number or pass word follow the prompts. It is easy.
- When registering on the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, please register under BRISBANE OLYMPIC FC.
- Registration won’t be completed until you have paid ALL your registration fees and accepted the terms and conditions of Olympic FC.
PLEASE NOTE – Registration will open TUESDAY 3rd JANUARY 2017 and will CLOSE, TUESDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2017. Please register prior to the 9th JANUARY 2017. If you have any problems with the online registration process please contact Bec Trone our administration officer on 38444944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK www.myfootballclub.com.au to complete your registration.