MINIROOS FOOTBALL U6 to U11 2018
Small Sided Football (also known as Mini Roos) are modified forms of 11-a-side football, designed to meet the needs of players under the age of 11, who have very different developmental characteristics and needs to adult players. The philosophy of MiniRoos focuses on enjoyment and freedom of expression with limited emphasis on coaching per se, particularly in the formative years of a player’s development. The progression through the MiniRoos formats of 4v4, 7v7 and 9v9 is a sound educational method and process to ready your child to play 11v11. The progression helps players discover the differences in the size of the field and size of the goal and the benefits of having more space. It also helps children to learn to use different and well-developed techniques to play a more tactical game, as well as assisting them in understanding the role of different positions and determining what best suits them. This form of the game uses short, game-based sessions to introduce the sport of football to newcomers in an inclusive way. It focuses on learning new skills, being active, making life-long friends and, potentially, unearthing the next generation of Socceroos or Matildas. Overwhelmingly, the findings have shown that MiniRoos are enjoyed more by children and are a more effective method of improving their technical ability as footballers (compared to 11-a-side football).
- Fun, football game-based sessions that build fundamental motor skills;
- Activities aim to improve confidence and self-esteem;
- Low participant-to-coach ratio resulting in greater individual engagement;
- increased touches of the ball and more goal scoring opportunities;
- Make new friends and develop fundamental social skills;
- Develop values of team work, cooperation, fair play, and respect for others;
- Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time;
- Keep healthy by getting active.
THE 2018 SEASON
The MiniRoos Football season will begin SATURDAY 21 APRIL 2018 and conclude on SATURDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2018. The Small Sided Football Trophy Presentation Day will be held on SUNDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2018.
There will be two designated ‘SIGN ON DAYS’ so new and old players can register in person at the Olympic. The designated ‘DAYS’ for 2018 will be Saturday 27 January and Saturday 3 February 2018. Otherwise new and old players can register online at www.myfootballclub.com.au – details can be found below.
Once registration is completed a MUSTER DAY will occur on Saturday 10 February so teams can be organised and training gear be given out to coaches and managers. Training will commence the week beginning Monday 5 March 2018.
REGISTRATION FEES 2018
|Mini Roos Football Junior||U6-U7||$395|
|Mini Roos Intermediate||U8-U9||$450|
|Mini Roos Football||U10-U11||$495|
What your fees include;
- Football Federation Australia registration fees
- Football Queensland registration fees
- Football Brisbane registration fees
- Playing and training Insurance
- Olympic red playing shorts
- Olympic red playing socks
- End of season Trophy
- End of season presentation carnival
- Training equipment
- One day per week training
- One match game per week
- All teams in these age groups will be coached by VOLUNTEER PARENT COACHES. Olympic will assist these volunteers by;
- Paying for each coach to attend coach accreditation courses so volunteer coaches can feel confident with coaching their young team.
- Giving each Volunteer coach a coaching program set down by the Club’s Technical Director so they are not designing their own program which for novice coaches is daunting.
- We encourage our players to form their own teams with their friends and family members.
- Although we are a semi-professional club we still require our members to VOLUNTEER their time throughout the year. Unlike other clubs, you’re not required to volunteer to set up or pack down fields after training and games nor are you asked to serve and cook at our canteen – what we ask all our members to do is volunteer 3 hours of their time during the Paniyiri festival held in May at Musgrave Park. This festival is the Olympic’s biggest fund raiser and we require lots of help over the weekend of the Paniyiri.
Players that register to play in the Under 6 to Under 11 teams will train ONE DAY PER WEEK for 60 minutes. Training will start at 4.30pm and conclude at 5.30pm. All training will take place at Goodwin Park, Yeronga.
Training will commence the week beginning Monday 5 March 2018.
- Two designated SIGN ON DAYS have been planned for Saturday 27 January and Saturday 3 February 2018 or players can register themselves electronically via the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, myfootballclub.com.au using their FFA number. Follow the prompts given. The registration process will be easier if you have your FFA Number and Password. If you’re a new player and you don’t have an FFA number or pass word follow the prompts. It is easy.
- When registering on the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, please register under OLYMPIC FC INC.
- Registration won’t be completed until you have paid ALL your registration fees and accepted the terms and conditions of Olympic FC.
PLEASE NOTE – Registration will open MONDAY 8 JANUARY 2018 and will CLOSE, SUNDAY 11 March 2018. Please try and register prior to the Saturday 10 February so you can be placed into a team before training starts. If you have any problems with the online registration process please contact our office on 38444944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK www.myfootballclub.com.au to complete your registration.