MINI ROOS FOOTBALL U8 to U11 ACADEMY KOMODOS 2017
WHAT IS THE OLYMPIC FC ACADEMY PROGRAM?
The Olympic Academy is a full time football program specifically designed to develop young footballers from the age of 8 to 11 years of age. Our mission is to create a professional environment that attracts, retains and develops top quality players who in the future will be capable of competing in the National Premier Leagues competition, representing Queensland or playing in the Olympic FC Senior team. To achieve this, Academy teams at Olympic are coached by credentialed coaches following a modified Skills Acquisition Program. Players who successfully trial for an Academy team will follow a 40 week training program specifically designed for their age group. Academy players will train 3 nights per week and play in the Komodo competition controlled by Football Brisbane. These players will also participate in 3 football carnivals throughout the year where they will be able to showcase their football development against other players throughout South East Queensland.
In 2017 Olympic FC will be making the following adjustments to its Academy program;
- Each team will have their own dedicated coach who will have a minimum senior licence or better.
- There will be 3 Academy teams for 9, 10 and 11 year olds and 2 Academy teams for players aged 8 years of age.
- In addition to their season competition with Football Brisbane, each Academy team will also compete in 3 dedicated football carnivals throughout the season.
WHEN DO OLYMPIC ACADEMY TEAMS TRAIN IN 2017?
Players that have trialled successfully for an Academy place will train on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Training will start at 4.30pm and conclude at 5.30pm. All training will take place at Goodwin Park, Yeronga.
Training will commence on Monday 23rd JANUARY 2017.
WHEN DOES THE SEASON START AND END IN 2017?
The Small Sided Football KOMODO season will begin SATURDAY 18th MARCH 2017 and conclude on SATURDAY 19th AUGUST 2017. The Small Sided Football Trophy Presentation Day will be held on SUNDAY 27th AUGUST 2017. Although the season finishes at the end of AUGUST, there may be carnivals held after this date and Academy training will not finish until the end of October 2017.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO BE PART OF THE OLYMPIC MINI ROOS ACADEMY IN 2017?
Small Sided Football ACADEMY KOMODO (U8-U11)
WHAT DO MY FEES INCLUDE?
- Club Membership
- Football Federation Australia, Football Queensland and Football Brisbane Affiliation Fees
- A modified SAP training program to suit age specific teams by Olympic Technical Director
- 3 nights per week training
- An accredited coach with a minimum Senior Licence appointed by Olympic
- 18 – 20 game season in the Football Brisbane Komodo competition
- 3 carnivals throughout the season so their development can be monitored against other teams from South East Queensland
- Training equipment
- End of season Trophy
- Football coach and manager Registration Fees
- Football Brisbane Referee Development Levy
- Ground maintenance fees
- Utilities Levy – electricity and water
- Administration Levy – Technical Director, Football Operations Organiser, Olympic Administrator, Academy Director
- Use of Olympic FC jerseys
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THIS PROGRAM IN 2017?
Players wishing to be part of the Olympic Academy program must attend a trial selection process at the end of the season. The trial process occurred in October 2016 and positions in these teams are now finalised and closed. If positions become available within the program then an announcement will be made on our Facebook page or our website. Please monitor these pages on a daily basis. For further enquiries regarding the Academy please contact Nic De Jong at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be NO DESIGNATED SIGN ON DAY in 2017. Instead all players will be asked to register themselves electronically via the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, www.myfootballclub.com.au using their FFA number. Follow the prompts given. The registration process will be easier if you have your FFA Number and Password. If you’re a new player and you don’t have an FFA number or pass word follow the prompts. It is easy.
- When registering on the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, please register under OLYMPIC FC INC.
- Registration won’t be completed until you have paid ALL your registration fees and accepted the terms and conditions of Olympic FC.
PLEASE NOTE – Registration will open MONDAY 9th JANUARY 2017 and will CLOSE, TUESDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2017. Please register prior to the 23rd JANUARY 2017. If you have any problems with the online registration process please contact Bec Trone our administration officer on 38444944 or email email@example.com.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK www.myfootballclub.com.au to complete your registration.