MINI ROOS FOOTBALL U6 to U11 GOANNAS 2017
WHAT IS MINI ROO FOOTBALL?
Mini Roos Football (also known as Small Sided Football) are modified forms of 11-a-side football, designed to meet the needs of players under the age of 11, who have very different developmental characteristics and needs to adult players. The philosophy of MiniRoos focuses on enjoyment and freedom of expression with limited emphasis on coaching per se, particularly in the formative years of a player’s development. The progression through the MiniRoos formats of 4v4, 7v7 and 9v9 is a sound educational method and process to ready your child to play 11v11. The progression helps players discover the differences in the size of the field and size of the goal and the benefits of having more space. It also helps children to learn to use different and well-developed techniques to play a more tactical game, as well as assisting them in understanding the role of different positions and determining what best suits them. This form of the game uses short, game-based sessions to introduce the sport of football to newcomers in an inclusive way. It focuses on learning new skills, being active, making life-long friends and, potentially, unearthing the next generation of Socceroos or Matildas. Overwhelmingly, the findings have shown that MiniRoos are enjoyed more by children and are a more effective method of improving their technical ability as footballers (compared to 11-a-side football).
WHAT ARE THE PLAYER BENEFITS?
- Fun, football game-based sessions that build fundamental motor skills;
- Activities aim to improve confidence and self-esteem;
- Low participant-to-coach ratio resulting in greater individual engagement;
- increased touches of the ball and more goal scoring opportunities;
- Make new friends and develop fundamental social skills;
- Develop values of team work, cooperation, fair play, and respect for others;
- Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time;
- Keep healthy by getting active.
HOW WILL THE PROGRAM BE ORGANISED IN 2017?
In 2017 Olympic FC will be making the following adjustments to its SSF program;
- UNDER 6 AND UNDER 7
- Olympic will strive to re-introduce an IN HOUSE competition for all our Under 6 and 7 teams in 2017. This will be dependent upon numbers. If we don’t get the required numbers, teams will travel and play games against other clubs as they did in 2016. Games played at home (Goodwin Park) will be held on Saturday morning between 8.30am and 11.30am on Field 5.
- All teams will NOW TRAIN TWICE PER WEEK as opposed to ONCE per week as in 2016. This is being introduced to increase player development at our club and give our players better opportunities to access Olympic Academy places when they reach the Under 8 age group.
- UNDER 6 to UNDER 11
- Introduce the concept of LEAD COACHES. LEAD COACHES will be responsible for leading a specifically designed coaching program developed by the club’s TECHNICAL DIRECTOR for each age group. They will lead the training session with the assistance of the volunteer parent coach. Each team will play in the Football Brisbane Goanna competition on a Saturday morning.
- All teams in these age groups will be coached by VOLUNTEER PARENT COACHES. Olympic will assist these volunteers by;
- Paying for each coach to attend coach accreditation courses so volunteer coaches can feel confident with coaching their young team.
- Giving each Volunteer coach a coaching program set down by the Club’s Technical Director so they are not designing their own program which for novice coaches is daunting.
- Players in these age groups can nominate to play with their friends. Suggested teams need to be emailed to Ben Yeuell ASAP so he can organise teams and prepare programs for the new season. His email address is email@example.com .
WHEN WILL OUR TEAMS TRAIN?
Players that register to play in the Under 6 to Under 11 Goanna teams will train on a TUESDAY and FRIDAY afternoon. Training will start at 4.30pm and conclude at 5.30pm. All training will take place at Goodwin Park, Yeronga.
Training will commence on Tuesday 14th FEBRUARY 2017.
WHEN DOES THE 2017 SEASON BEGIN AND END?
The Small Sided Football season will begin SATURDAY 18th MARCH 2017 and conclude on SATURDAY 19th AUGUST 2017. The Small Sided Football Trophy Presentation Day will be held on SUNDAY 27th AUGUST 2017.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO PLAY MINI ROOS GOANNAS IN 2017?
Small Sided Football Junior Goanna (U6-U7)
Small Sided Football Intermediate Goanna (U8-U9)
Small Sided Football Senior Goanna (U10-U11)
WHAT DO MY FEES INCLUDE?
- Club Membership
- Football Federation Australia, Football Queensland and Football Brisbane Affiliation Fees
- Easter Skills Development Clinic
- June/ July School Holiday Futsal Clinic
- Specially designed training program to suit age specific teams by Olympic Technical Director
- 2 nights per week training
- 18 – 20 game season
- Training equipment
- End of season Trophy
- Football coach and manager Registration Fees
- Football Brisbane Referee Development Levy
- Ground maintenance fees
- Utilities Levy – electricity and water
- Administration Levy – Technical Director, Football Operations Organiser, Olympic Administrator
- Use of Olympic FC jerseys
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- There will be NO DESIGNATED SIGN ON DAY in 2017. Instead all players will be asked to register themselves electronically via the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, myfootballclub.com.au using their FFA number. Follow the prompts given. The registration process will be easier if you have your FFA Number and Password. If you’re a new player and you don’t have an FFA number or pass word follow the prompts. It is easy.
- When registering on the MYFOOTBALLCLUB website, please register under OLYMPIC FC INC.
- Registration won’t be completed until you have paid ALL your registration fees and accepted the terms and conditions of Olympic FC.
PLEASE NOTE – Registration will open TUESDAY 3rd JANUARY 2017 and will CLOSE, TUESDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2017. Please try and register prior to the 13th February so you can be placed into a team before training starts. If you have any problems with the online registration process please contact Bec Trone our administration officer on 38444944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK www.myfootballclub.com.au to complete your registration.