Olympic FC are pleased to announce a new football partnership with Carbrook based Kimberley College.
The news of the new partnership comes following the recent announcement of the development partnership with Brisbane Roar Football Club.
Olympic FC Technical Director, Jimmy Gelagotis believes that partnering with a College who are heavily focussed on football development will assist in the development of junior football players for the National Premier League system.
“As an NPL club, it is crucial that we provide juniors with the best possible opportunity to develop and achieve great things in world football.”
“Working with KCFA allows us to manage the player’s school/club work load and provide them with a professional environment to play their football within the club and school environment.”
The new affiliation will provide talented student athletes with a consistent training program, team and culture to assist in their football development. The partnership is unique within the Queensland football environment, with coaches from both Kimberley College Football Academy and Olympic FC working together on a weekly basis to build a program that creates and nurtures well-rounded, elite-level athletes. The two entities will offer players access to nutritionists, sports psychologists, fitness coaches, yoga instructors and goalkeeping coaches.
The partnership will also relieve parents of the daily commute to training by providing the opportunity for players to be picked up by bus at the college and dropped off at Olympic’s training ground. This initiative provides an easy transition from school to training, which will ultimately reduce the load on parents.
Creating a professional environment will allow the players to develop within a setting which provides world class facilities matched with the most up to date technology to monitor health and well-being. This will ultimately benefit the player purely through the communication between athlete and coach and the program.
By partnering with school football, Gelagotis believes that Olympic will be able to support player growth and in turn create skilled football players to participate in the National Premier League and beyond.
“It is our responsibility to develop gifted youth players for their future endeavours in the NPL.”
Kimberley College Football Director, Kevin Ferguson is looking forward to seeing the partnership grow between the two affiliations in the near future and seeing the positive results provided from the partnership.
“It is a great pleasure for Kimberley College and Kimberley College Football Academy, KCFA, to have the opportunity to partner with a club with the history and standing of Brisbane Olympic FC.”
“At KCFA we are driven by our desire to provide the best possible coaching, education, training, opportunities and outcomes for ‘elite’ student-athletes.”
“We are not seeking to replicate what has been done by others, we are determined to provide our players with a program that is of the highest quality. We seek to develop a professional program, which enables players to reach their maximum potential within football.”
Kimberley College and KCFA are dedicated to the ongoing development of Football, and have very ambitious goals for the future.
Below is a brief snapshot of KCFA in 2017, along with their goals for 2018.
- KCFA players have a minimum of 5-6 hours contact time each week with our AFC A Licensed coaching staff
- Our players have had the opportunity to travel to the Kanga Cup in Canberra. Our U11 & U15 male teams making the semi-finals.
- Our U12 boys’ team travelled to China to compete in an International competition, free of charge.
- Our U10, U11 and U15 boys Futsal teams have won more than 5 titles between them in 2017.
- 2018 will see the recruitment of a UEFA Pro Licensed coach with more than 25 years’ experience. He has worked with some of the biggest names in world football.
- We will offer dedicated Goalkeeper training, Futsal training, Fitness training, Yoga & Pilates, along with providing access to sports psychologists and nutritionists.
- In 2018 we will take 3 squads to Spain & Sweden to compete in two of the largest youth Football competitions in the world.
- We will provide scholarships to the college & KCFA to selected elite level players, and to those who could otherwise not afford our tuition/academy costs.
- With the support of Kimberley College, KCFA will have access to 2 brand new natural grass playing fields. There are also plans in place for the future development of a “Clubhouse” facility, and the construction of a full size artificial playing field, and 9-a-side pitch within the next 2 years.
- Kimberley College & KCFA will be seeking entry in to the Schools Premier League.
- KCFA will expand our academy program into Years 11 & 12, providing dedicated Football programs through the Physical Recreation syllabus.
- We will continue to offer a private coach service, direct from KC to Olympic during the football season, free of charge.
- Through a newly developed sponsorship program, we will assist players with NPL, QPL & SAP fees wherever possible.
We wish to welcome Kimberly College Football Academy to our Football family and may a successful partnership blossom for years to come.